2.13.13

Today I'm entering the Missionary Training Center of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I'll be gone for 18 months, serving the people of Chile and teaching the Gospel. But don't worry, you'll still get to hear from me, and not just in my weekly letters. I've written some posts and scheduled them to go live while I'm thousands of miles away. It's like I've died and left you a treasure trove to pilage as you pretend to mourn my death.

So, let's begin.

I thought it'd be fun to write short memories of each person in my immediate family, but because I haven't utilized my time wisely and haven't written nearly as many posts to go live over 18 months as I should have, I'm splitting them up so they last longer. Warning, these aren't necessarily sentimental or funny or in any way amazing memories (although they could be all three and more), but they are things I thought were worth jotting down.

Here we go. Mom and Dad first:

Dad - You told me once that the sky is blue because the sun reflects off the ocean and hits the atmosphere, which is why we see blue during the day and black at night (because the sun goes down.) I propagated that lie for 24 years, and may have convinced more than a few of its accuracy. Niiiice. Thanks for taking time to give me an answer, even if it was the wrong one. :)

Mom - I remember you taking me to lunch at Taco Bell before Kindergarten and losing my front tooth while eating a bean burrito. I felt pretty special being able to hang out with just you. Catherine was there, I'm sure, but I don't remember her (ha!), just you and me, and the cinnamon twists that I won by dropping a coin into the water tank game on the front counter of the restaurant.

Love,
Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Sweet memories. I don't even know if you'll be able to read any of these responses.

    ReplyDelete