10.24.12

I'm starting to feel like one of those newly engaged girls who can only talk about wedding stuff. Or like a Nothing-Is-More-Precious-Then-Being-Prego-And-I-Happen-To-Be-Pregnant-So-Everything-Has-To-Do-With-My-Pregnancy-Even-Though-It-Does-NOT! kind of woman. Except both those things involve men, and I'm super-duper single, and my obsessive, life-changing event is my mission. So, yes, you guessed it, I'm writing something else about my 18-month stint in Chile so that my posterity can know me that much better, and so that none of you forget: I'm going on a mission and it is the single most important thing in my life, therefore it MUST be that important to you and your dog and your bus driver and his overly protective mother.

What I'll Miss While On My Mission

My family, my friends, blah, blah, blah. I know. But the OTHER things I'll really miss while I'm gone are:

1) Release of "Catching Fire" (second movie in "The Hunger Games" series)
2) Using my super awesome cameras, because I can't take them with me.
3) Release of Iron Man 3.
4) Music other than MoTab.
5) This YouTube video.
6) And this YouTube video.
7) My iPhone.
8) Instagram. And Facebook. And Twitter. I mean, holy-moley, who's gonna update my feeds while I'm gone?!
9) Walking around Target aimlessly for hours buying things I don't really need.
10) Sleeping in church meetings.
11) Texting Stevie at 4 a.m. asking if she's awake.
12) Disneyland.
13) California Adventure.
14) Modern Family.
15) Psych.
16) 80s Dancing and my Dance Pants (although I just might bring those suckers with me.)

There are more. I may need your help coping with these depravations, so letters and packages are appreciated.

...

There are some actually important things I'll miss related to my family, actually, like:

1) The birth of Devon and Sarah's third child.
2) The inevitable marriage of my brother, or my sister, or both.
3) Christmas Eve Bingo
4) Roberts' Family Reunion (most especially the dance competition)

Until next time, don't forget I'm going on a mission. But if you do, I'll just keep reminding you. Because, hallo, it's super awesome and you should be super excited every time you see me, or hear my name, or think about me. I'm super serious.

Viva Mexico!

-eg

4 comments:

  1. Gahhhhhh #11! Well obviously the answer is always YES! I am going to miss texting you my random thoughts and questions. I have decided I will write them all down and then send you a novel once a month. I think it will be even better this way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going to miss you too. We are super excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dance competition already misses you (and your dance pants)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so glad that your family made it on the list of things you'll miss. Are we above or below your dance pants?

    ReplyDelete