9.23.11

New job? Don't mind if I do.

Last week, it was Tuesday, I was searching on the BYU alumni career placement website, more out of curiosity than anything, and found a posting for a Marketing Assistant at American Crafts. I figured I was pretty much exactly what they were looking for, so I applied. The next day I got a phone call, then an interview, and after a week of waiting (after the thank-you-email and follow-up-phone-call were done) and finally resigning myself to the fact that I didn't get the job, I got a call yesterday morning.

Yes, that's right, I got a new job.

(If you didn't gather as much from my opening sentence, then, well, you have other problems that we can talk about later.)

I started today, actually. Which means I'll be working two jobs for the next two weeks. 15+ hour days. I think I might die, but if I don't, it'll be worth it.

Here's the company's blog — they are a scrapbooking supply company. http://americancrafts.typepad.com/

Don't get your hopes up on getting free paper, pens and ribbons (Kelsey) but you never know. Ha ha.

Oh, by the way, I'm SUPER-DUPER excited. Super-duper. :o)

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the big boy job ("big girl" just doesn't have the same sarcastic tone to it). It's good to hear that the BYU alumni association can actually be used for good. I thought they only existed to ask for handouts ( apparently getting kicked out of BYU doesn't preclude me from being an alumni and the "duty" to donate).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does this mean you won't have crappy hours anymore? Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Elizabeth! They picked a winner when they picked you. No, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for a new job! Sounds like something totally different (and sounds like you'll have to have a post of what you actually do since we needed an explanation on the last job) Hope the hours are better

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not as Thuper excited as I am! For you to have the job, not for the slim possibility of free scrapbooking supplies.

    ReplyDelete