2.20.11

I was going to write something about being frustrated with people who use punctuation incorrectly, or don't use it at all. And about people who capitalize things that don't need capitalizing. I would say bad spellers get on my nerves, but that would include me, and I'd rather exclude myself from this attack. Or lack of attack, since I'm not going to write about all these things. Instead, I will share with you a neat-o video about language, which simultaneously utilizes great typography.

Enjoy.




P.S. Do you remember how, in elementary and junior high school, teachers told you to never begin a sentence with "and" or "but"? I always disliked that rule. And I have made it a point to start sentences with one of those words (obviously not both, since a sentence can only begin with one word) as often as I like. And it's very liberating. But -- No. No "buts" about it.

4 comments:

  1. great video and i start many sentences with the word and but not too many with but im not partial to buts

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was sweet. I am ashamed to say that I am one of those people who is bugged by misuse of words and such. I will mend my ways. Mom, you crack me up too. :) I use "so" to start sentences way too often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha, thanks for that Mom. And Kelsey, you can be bugged. I'm still bugged, I just don't see any useful reason to correct people, or a tactful way to do it. So I just judge them inwardly. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw another video by the same guy who read a really poorly punctuated review of a video game. Funniest thing I've ever seen/heard.

    ReplyDelete