12.6.10

Me and dad in January 1996, on my baptism day. 


Dad and Hayden on Saturday, Hayden's baptism day. Hayden is one awesome kid. He has an amazing imagination, always making up stories with strange and funny details. He's sharp too, very smart. And independent. He is also one of the sweetest boys, giving you hugs for no reason except that he's glad you're there. I love Hayden. 



I love comparison-type photos, to see how people have changed.

I don't know if this is true with anyone else, but I look at pictures of myself when I was a lot younger and I can't tell that it's me. Like the one above, I know that's me, but only because I've seen it before and I've memorized what I looked like when I was little. Comparing it to me now? Well, I'd need a picture of myself next to it to see the similarities.

Isn't the weird? I mean, I see myself more than anyone else, yet I can't remember what I look like. Ha ha. You know what I mean.

3 comments:

  1. Your dad looks better with age...not that he looked bad before, but the gray hair suits him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Heather. Also, this picture of you looks like a mash up of Deon, Catherine and you...then I thought, "Why doesn't it look like part of me?" Then I figured, like you, it is hard to see yourself in pictures...especially if they aren't pictures of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny. I thought you looked like one of the twins. So cute.

    ReplyDelete