11.13.10

I got paid yesterday. ("Just Got Paid" by N'SYNC. Wow, what a classic. But this one is even better.) Thus I felt rich. Then I looked at my credit card statement and that feeling left.

I'm sorry, can we go back to N'SYNC for a minute? They are so ridiculous, yet I can't help watching their videos. Nostalgia, I suppose. Poor Lance, the lone bass (nobody heard him), always in the shadow of lead singer and lead-looker Justin, and I'm pretty sure his managers knew he was gay long before he announced it. I mean, come on, he gets no face time in the music videos.

I won a raffle this past week. Yeah, crazy, right? I've never won. But that losing streak is over! And not by winning a George Foreman. Ha ha haaaa, inside joke. Anyway, I got a $10 gift card to Best Buy, which I used to by a gift card for iTunes which I used to buy an album by Mindy Gledhill. She's actually a Utahn and a Mormon, and I quite like her songs. They're cheerful, you know? (Click here to have a listen.)

I got yelled at tonight at work. I'm not sure how serious it was (it wasn't a very long chewing-out) but I felt kinda awkward and embarrassed and at the same time had to stifle the desire to argue back because I felt like the edits I made were justified. Instead I said, "Oh, OK. Sorry 'bout that," and looked down at the other page I was editing, my ears and cheeks red and hot and my nose starting to run from the pent up emotion I was trying to shove back down. I was proud of myself. It took about 3 minutes and I was completely fine. Last time I got yelled at on the job (a different job, 2 years ago), I cried and then laughed to try and cover it up, consequently blowing snot on unsuspecting people. It was quite an ordeal. This time, it was much more controlled. Yaaaay, Elizabeth!

And now, for your viewing pleasure, announcing
PICTURES FROM ELIZABETH'S PHONE!

Yeah, I know, right?

[The caps and exclamation points have two-fold purpose: To annoy Catherine and also to express how incredibly tired and lacking in tact and judgment I am right now. Good thing I'm not at a bar.]

 Did you get your tickets?
 Bored in The Daily Universe newsroom during the summer. Luckily Deon texted me about some way cute shoes and I was able to send pictures of my expressions to her about the shoes she bought.
 Out to eat with the family in Texas. Dad was probably embarrassed by what some of his kids were doing in a public place. OK, not probably. He was. P.S. Rafael's has the best fajitas ever.
I had a nasty cough and told Cath it felt like a troll had moved into my lung. She sent me this amazing drawing depicting my lung.
 This was my response to Cath's drawing. She said, "Oh, is that what a lung looks like?"
 I wish this was better resolution (alas, a picture of a picture taken on a cell phone doesn't do much). Cath looks like she has buck teeth. Makes me laugh every time. Ah, 1999, you were fun.
 I saw this dragon in the store and thought, "Holy crap, that's ugly. Who'd buy that?" Last week I found one in my nephews' bedroom. Ha ha ha.
 Ben sent me this. With it he wrote, "Be happy." He's such a great motivator.
 Thomas sent me this. It's a picture of me. Along with it he wrote something like, "HA HA HA HA HA!"
 One of the twins. Sent from Ben's phone.
 Twin and Rora. From Ben. Or Kelsey. I can't remember.
 Wow, another from Ben. He was bored that day, I think. This piece was titled, "Puppy riding horse riding rocking horse." It'll be worth big money one day. Just wait and see.

Another from BEN! Two puppies and a horse. A half-horse actually, which would make her a Centaur, I believe.
 Stevie sent me this. A Polaroid from an elementary school sock-hop. Wow, we were ugly. I didn't realize how much bigger I was then Stevie. And yellower.
 Speaking of STEVIE! She got Bell's Palsy this summer and thus used the gangster look quite effectively to simultaneously protect her eye when it wasn't able to blink and catch da boyz.

That concludes my presentation. Enjoy your day. I'm gonna go eat a cupcake. 

1 comment: