10.18.10

I think I bruised my throat from coughing.

And I think my co-workers -- probably the whole newsroom -- hate me for coughing.

All. the. time.

I don't think of myself as a cougher. You know, when you get sick, you have common symptoms that occur more often than others. With me, it's a sore throat and a really gross, stuffy nose.

Not coughing.

But this time, it is.

All. the. time.

Sometimes it comes suddenly, like I'm choking on a cheeto. Other times, it's a tickle in my throat that results in self-inflicted coughing fits. And other times, I suddenly feel like I can't breathe, so my body automatically reacts and there I am again, bent over at my desk with my nose in the crease of my elbow, eyes watering, as the invisible germs going spewing into the atmosphere.

I think I bruised my throat from coughing. I didn't think that was possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment