3.31.10

Glasses.
I realized last semester I needed glasses, but not for reading like in high school, but for just the opposite. I was squinting to see the Power Point slides in political science. I didn't wave to people I knew on campus because half the time I didn't actually know them. It's a sad truth to encounter, indeed. So now I have glasses, but I don't always wear them. Why? Because the small frames accentuate the fact that my eyes are lopsided -- or my ears. So, I decided to get some new glasses. I considered these for a minute -- yes, I'm serious -- but then decided to go for something not so 1915 banker. (My great-great grandpa Redd had glasses like these. He was totally cool).



I'm not going to post a picture of the glasses I'm planning on ordering because I see it like asking what people think of a name for a baby yet-to-be-born. Yeah, you know what I mean.

Nap.
I was in a horribly bad mood today. As in, I got angry if anyone came close to me. It was really strange. So I locked myself away in my room for a couple hours to chill out. At one point I heard some people knock on the front door, my roommate let them in, and I hurriedly shut off my light, climbed into bed and pretended to be asleep just in case they wanted to talk to me. Well, they didn't want to talk to me, and instead of pretending to sleep, I really did fall asleep. Meh. It was a nice nap. I woke up slightly happier, so all-in-all it was a good idea.

Part II.
So, you know how my last post was called "Part I"? Well, it turns out there really was only one part. Ha. But, I do have another photo:
Me in front (or rather, back) of the Logan, UT Temple. My favorite temple. 

Poem.
I'm writing a poem. One of several for a class. It begins with, "Eat my shorts." Yeah, it's gonna be good.

Friend.
I sit next to the same boy in my religion class every day. We talk about the weather and our weekends. I don't know his last name. I almost prefer it that way. Less pressure, I guess. Maybe. Our relationship is so basic and simple, it's relieving. Weird, maybe, I know, but it's true. And I like that it's a constant, too. I come to class first, and a couple minutes later he always says, "Excuse me," and sits down next to me. I guess I should move it to the next level and ask his last name. Maybe we'll even become Facebook friends! But then, there goes our simple, first-name friendship. Hmm, I have three more class periods to figure out what to do. ;o) 

2 comments:

  1. What a life full of dilemas. I do NOT envy you. :) Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First: Amber says I'm a jerk for never saying hi to people on campus, but I, like you, am nearsighted and can't see them...also sometimes I don't want to see them. As for the Friend: watch the last few weeks of 30Rock, all the ones after Valentine's Day. Solution to problem: if it's meant to be it's meant to be.

    ReplyDelete