1.15.10

The Experiment:
Lunch.


I decided to be creative today and make some Italian food from scratch with no recipe. It ended up turning into a kind of spaghetti sauce (although I ate it with fettuccine noodles). Here's roughly what I put into the pan:

1 onion
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
(onion and peppers were half-sauteed before adding rest of ingredients)
1 can tomato sauce
1 can tomato paste
1 can diced tomatoes (drained)
1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles (with juice, because the tomato paste made it too thick. Ha ha.)
3/4 lb. breakfast sausage links, cooked and chopped
2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1 Tbsp minced garlic
5 Tbsp brown sugar

It was spicy and sweet and actually really good. I was pretty shocked that it turned out so well since I'm not exactly known for my cooking skills. Next time I think I'll try kielbasa instead of breakfast sausage, just for kicks.


1 comment:

  1. I'm not only impressed by your cooking skills, but your food photography skills. Did you know it takes a lot of training to become a food photographer because it usually doesn't look good in just any picture. So way to go on both counts.

    ReplyDelete