12.17.09

You know when you feel your phone vibrate just to pick it up and realize it wasn't vibrating? I experience that at least twice a day. I think there's something wrong with me.

You know how during finals week everyone and their dog posts fifty-bajillion status updates about the finals they've taken, are going to take, or their dog is going to take? This week was finals week and I didn't mention it at all. I hardly care, why would anyone else? I think there's something right with me.

You know when you're really bummed out and you want to feel sad but something is telling you there's no reason to be? Well, sometimes that voice is wrong and there is a reason and I just want to feel sad for a little bit. And that's OK with me.

You know how college students say they "bleed blue" or "bleed purple" or whatever, depending on their school colors? I bet U of U students feel pretty silly when they have to say, "I bleed red," because other people are probably thinking, "Well of course you do. Genius."

You know when you're typing a Word document and you spell something wrong and a jagged red line appears beneath it? Sometimes when I'm writing in my journal I expect that line to appear below my handwriting. I'm always disappointed.

You know what makes Christmas, CHRISTMAS in my mind?
  • Ginger cookies
  • The Cajun Night Before Christmas
  • Ornaments from Grandma Deon
  • Bingo on Christmas Eve
  • Thin mints in my stocking
  • A really haggard picture of all of us on Christmas morning (except Thomas, because he always makes us wait so he can shower.)
  • Watching movies with Catherine from 4 a.m. until everyone else wakes up.
  • Breakfast burritos
  • Family. Of course.
  • Realizing that no matter what else happens, my Savior will always be there. He lives. His life, His Atonement, His death and His resurrection are what make everything possible. Everything. Surely it is true that by small and simple means--a baby in a manger 2,000 years ago--great things are brought to pass. Things we can't even comprehend. I think my head would explode if I was able to fully comprehend it all right now. Yeah, that great of things. Woah.
Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. MERRY CHRISTMAS! You are going to be here tomorrow! Oh, Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your posts. Thanks for hanging out with me tonight, travel safe and say Hi to everyone for me!

    ReplyDelete