11.22.09

Thoughts on a Sunday night:

Do you ever wonder how you can miss someone you've never met? I do.

Why is it that I feel the need to use an expenentially larger amount of exclamation points when writing to females? Especially ones I don't know very well? I could tell you why, because I know why, but it's much too tiring to write.

(!)

Sincerity is in my top five favorite attributes. Think about when someone genuinely says, "Have a good night." Not in passing, not in a habitual farewell, but with real caring in their voice, says, "Hey, have a good night." My night is good, because they said it.

Yeah, I really like sincerity.

I used to be afraid that as I grew older, things of my childhood would lose their excitement. Like Christmas and birthdays and getting your favorite food for dinner. In some ways it's true. I can sleep pretty well on Christmas Eve. My birthday isn't as special as it was when I woke up to my mom singing "Happy Birthday" into a wooden spoon. And if I want my favorite food, I go out and buy it myself, whether it's 4 in the afternoon or 4 in the morning. But I think something more awesome has taken the place of my excitement for events. I get excited about the people. When Kelsey came to Provo in September, I couldn't sleep the night before. This week I'm going to Texas for Thanksgiving. I don't like Texas very much and turkey is all well and good, but it's getting to see my mom and dad and Catherine and Ben and Kelsey that is making my stomach do flips. And the thought of Charlie hugs, Rora jokes and Twin giggles. For Christmas I'll get to see Sarah, Devon, Spencer and James, and that's when James will get to see his favorite aunt again! And in December I'm going to New Mexico. I've never been there before, but that's not what I'm counting down the days 'til. It's getting to see Deon and Dillan and their boys, Conner and Scotty, and hear them say "Aunt Dizzy" (or "Dippy," whatever works). This weekend I didn't do much, but I did go to see "New Moon" with Anna. It was the best Friday night I've had in a long time. And yesterday I hung out with Thomas. When he said he was free to go take pictures with me, it, well, it felt good. I can't explain it. I love it when Gabe invites me to play Guitar Hero. We may be 12 years apart, but playing the Wii, we're equals. ;o) Well, until Brianna, Hayden, Tucker and Mason decide I'm the monster and tackle me.

I love my family. Big, loud, sarcastic, hungry, and they're all mine. That's what I get excited for now. Not for presents or Christmas music or chicken enchiladas, but seeing my family and knowing we've got each others' backs and we're together forever. Whether we like it or not. Luckily, I don't like it.

I love it.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you to come I can't even express it, so I will express it in exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete