7.6.09

10 things that make me happy:

1) paint freckles all over my hands and arms from painting the front hall
2) the breeze
3) not having to do anything in particular today
4) my nieces laughing
5) building with KNEX
6) my mom's food
7) movies at the dollar theater
8) a letter from Jacob!
9) unpacking and reorganizing
10) EFY!

Especially For Youth was a great experience. I feel so privileged to get to know these amazing kids, learn from them and know the future is gonna be great because of their strength.
The theme scripture was 1 Timothy 4:12. "Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity."
These kids, amid all their struggles, all the peer pressure and junk, really are "examples of the believers." They were awesome. As in, they struck me with awe. Yeah, that kind of awesome.

Allison T., Kelsie and Lauren. Three of the ten amazing girls I got to be a counselor for.

The whole group at Games Night.
Our company name, "Be Just," was based off 3 Nephi 27:27. "And know ye that ye shall be judges of this people, according to the judgment which I shall give unto you, which shall be just. Therefore, what manner of men ought ye to be? Verily I say unto you, even as I am."

Me and Jeremy. Ha ha, awesome kid.

My co-counselor Eric!

At the Friday dance, Zack and me.

2 comments:

  1. That Zac guy is hot, you should totally go for him when he gets off his mission in 4 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure comments like that are why counselors aren't allowed to get e-mail addresses or phone numbers of participants. Now I get why YOU weren't an EFY counselor, Kelsey. Creeper. (j/k) ;o)

    ReplyDelete