a quote & a thought.

"Writing is the only profession where no one considers you ridiculous if you earn no money."
--Jules Renard


I was thinking, someday I hope I have a group of friends that look like they could all be a part of an indie-folk-rock band. There's just something about them that reeks of coolness. But not the normal coolness. The subtle kind that makes you really jealous you're not part of their circle, but you can never figure out that that's why you kind of despise them. It's because their so subtly cool and you are neither subtly cool, nor blatantly cool. It's a tough world we live in, us un-cool people. But if I could learn to look good in sweaters and loafers and a scruffy beard, life would be easier. No, wait, not the beard thing. That'd be itchy. Oh, and sweaters are itchy too.
Nevermind, my life is easier without all that itchiness.
Now I just have to convince people to want to dress like me and write on their blogs that they wish they had a group of friends that looked like they don't own a mirror or a hair brush ... but are AWESOME! ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment