5.22.09

I just bought this...... from here (but in "Lime.")

I've had my 35 mm Nikon SLR for 2 years now, and never a camera strap to hold it by. I decided this was as good a time as ever. Why? Because I still don't have a job and probably won't get a good, long-lasting, one this summer (although EFY will be fun for the 2-3 weeks I do it), so might as well put a little more on my credit card. Am I right? Or am I right? Right right right.

No, wait, I take it back. I can use the $35 I earned mowing Mom and Dad's lawns. It took me three days, two swollen hands, one sore back and countless drops of sweat and particles of grass up my nose, but it was worth it.

Maybe I'll use the rest to buy me some more sunglasses...


I went into the Denton Record-Chronicle newspaper offices today. I had a meeting with the managing editor, Dawn Cobb. I went in hoping for an internship, paid or unpaid, but came out with a chance at some freelance work (unpaid) and no chance for my hours counting toward the 280 required internship hours for BYU graduation. (Apparently their last unpaid intern sued the company for harrassment or something, so although they won, they don't want to mess with interns any more.) I also managed to break the woman's pen and steal a reporters notebook. Not an actual reporter's notebook, as in Mr. Bernstein's or something, but a blank one she'd set next to me on the table. I count all this as my pay. One article = pen. Two articles = notepad. I take what I can get.

I thought this article, in today's Record-Chronicle, was humorous. In a mean, voilent kind of way.

No comments:

Post a Comment